E-commerce, social media marketing, SEO’s and so much more, seem like a totally new language for some people. No matter how much you don’t like it, you have to get used to it because this is where marketing is headed.
If you have made the decision to take your brand online, you might not see the optimum results in the first few attempts, and this is why:
- Your website is not like a shop. You must sell your site, sell your brand, and stop waiting for consumers to come to you.
- You are not advertising your brand online. Use hashtags, use Facebook ad’s, Twitter, Snapchat, the possibilities are endless. The more you use these social media platforms, the wider an audience you will reach.
- Not to sound contradictory, but you wouldn’t want to reach too much of a wide audience. What’s the point of having the largest audience with no one spending money on you? Target the consumers you know will spend money on your brand online, and advertise and advertise even more to them specifically.
- Start with a very tempting offer. There is so much to see online, that if you don’t grab the consumer’s attention in the first second, you will never be able to. Pull up an offer that is really hard to resist. Let the consumer go “wow, that’s amazing!”. Pull the consumer in.
- Use keywords to increase your SEO. If you don’t know how to do it, pay someone to do it for you! Trust me, the money spent will pay off!
E-commerce, social media marketing, SEO’s, all these words seem confusing, but after following these steps, you will start getting the hang of it, and soon you’ll be an online marketing guru!